Low risk, guaranteed reward. That’s what our business certificates can bring to your investment strategy.
- Guaranteed Returns
- Competitive Dividends
- Wide Range of Terms
- Fixed rates above standard savings
- A wide range of terms available (from 3 months to 5 years)
- No setup or maintenance fees
- Subject to early withdrawal penalties
- Renews automatically upon maturity1
- $500 minimum deposit to open a regular certificate
- $100,000 minimum deposit to open a jumbo certificate
- Deposits cannot be made during the term of the account
1 Rates are not guaranteed at rollover
The Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act, signed into law in 2006, prohibits any person engaged in the business of betting or wagering (as defined in the Act) from knowingly accepting payments in connection with the participation of another person in unlawful Internet gambling. The Department of the Treasury and the Federal Reserve Board have issued a joint final rule, Regulation GG, to implement this Act.
As defined Regulation GG, unlawful Internet gambling means to "place, receive or otherwise knowingly transmit a bet or wager by any means which involves the use, at least in part, of the Internet where such bet or wager is unlawful under any applicable Federal or State law in the State or Tribal lands in which the bet or wager is initiated, received or otherwise made". As a member of St. Mary's Credit Union, these restricted transactions are prohibited from being processed through your account or banking relationship with us. If you do engage in an Internet gambling business and open a new account with us, we will ask that you provide evidence of your legal capacity to do so.